Compassion and Music
I am a guitarist, singer, songwriter, and a Compassion Music Artist Ambassador from Dallastown, Pennsylvania. I have experienced the impact music can have to reach people. With God’s help, I now serve to make that difference in other people’s lives through music that I offer.
I perform at churches and community events. My style of music is acoustic guitar and vocal. I present familiar hymns and gospel songs such as Amazing Grace and Swing Low Sweet Chariot, original songs such as To Know You and My Journey Has Just Begun, and instrumental guitar music such as The Promise to be Fulfilled and This Is My Father's World. And I love to play Christmas concerts!
I have been influenced by the hymns, gospel music, Contemporary Christian Music, while Keith Green and Phil Keaggy are the two biggest influences for my own Christian music. I’ve released 4 CDs and have been formally trained by Don Frey and Sam Swank (guitar), Pati Wolfgang and Summer Garner (voice), and Amy Wolter and Tom Jackson (On Stage Success).
My biggest influences when I was growing were The Monkees, Jim Croce, The Beetles, Johnny Cash, and of course Elvis! And the music from my church including the hymns and southern gospel music.
Below are some musical presentation options I can provide for you.
Keith's Musical Presentations.
1. General Concerts - I play both vocal and instrumental music with traditional hymns and original music. My work is tailored to the church’s needs and preferences. I am experienced with leading music in small churches in which I bring and set-up my own audio equipment and larger congregations in which I work with the worship team and music director to plug into their system.
2. Special Music – I play special music for churches that include original music and arrangements which have been highlighted and nominated by various award presenters over the years for creativity. While I am rarely asked to create and provide original music written for a specific church or event, I would welcome the opportunity to talk about this with you!
3. Christmas Music – I present original and traditional Christmas programs from small set pieces you can incorporate into Advent activities to my own full cantatas that offer an alternative to churches without time or resources for purchasing or developing their own music. Christmas is my favorite season! You will find I have an extensive range of music and styles to share my gifts with you.
4. Holy Week and Easter Music – I share a variety of original and traditional music during Holy Week and Easter that allow churches to create a deep and meaningful worship service with something different each time to offer their congregation. This season is often not as scheduled as Advent so I have more availability especially for mid-week services or Holy Week worship.
5. Compassion International – I play music now as a Compassion Music Artist Ambassador. These concerts are a mission outreach, giving your church an opportunity to match music with giving. During my playing, I present information about sponsoring a Compassion child and offer a unique opportunity for attendees to choose a particular child to care for while sharing about the children I sponsor.
I have traveled extensively to perform in many states including Pennsylvania, Maryland, Tennessee, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia, Colorado, and Texas. It is my privilege to play for various events locally and nationally.
In the past, I have also toured with the Reach Out Singers and played in several church praise teams as I’ve focused on my skills and heart for my calling. My hope is to connect with my audience as I continue to expand my music ministry.
To do that well and faithfully, I have retired from my teaching job to follow my call to music ministry. I want to grow together with you in your faith as Christians and bring peace to people's souls as David did when he played the harp for King Saul. (1 Samuel 16:14 - 23)
Keith's Introduction Letter
My name is Keith Andrew Grim. I am reaching out to find out when I may present my music ministry to you. I am a Christian guitarist, songwriter, singer, and a Compassion Music Artist Ambassador from Dallastown, Pennsylvania. I attend and am a member of Spry Church - A United Methodist Congregation in York, Pennsylvania. I look forward to traveling to your area and wanted to check about the possibility of playing at your church (in-person, recorded, or live stream) soon.
I believe God has called me to serve in unique ways. Sometimes it is to step in to give a break to your current music team for a Sunday or to step alongside to partner with you to create a new worship experience with music for events or holidays. Sometimes my call is even the unexpected, like the time I was asked to write a song for my church's Capital Campaign Project.
My presentations include general concerts, worship services, special music, Christmas concerts, and music for Holy Week services. I have been playing professionally for 30 years and have released 4 CDs which includes original music nominated for several awards, such as the Kindred Awards.
I have also been selected to be a part of the Compassion Music Artist Ambassador Program. It is a great honor to be partnered with such a great organization. This part of my music ministry allows me the blessing of giving you my music and giving us together with an opportunity to choose to change children’s lives around the world from where we are.
I look forward to sharing more about the possibilities for collaboration and music I have for you. Until then, I invite you to check out my website: Keith Andrew Grim
For more information about my partnership with Compassion, I invite you to check out my Compassion page.
I will pray for the success of your ministry and humbly ask that you pray for mine.